COUNTRY Financial Faculty Scholar
Purpose: Support for faculty research initiatives has been a long-standing tradition for COUNTRY. This investment continues under the direction of CEO Kurt Bock, who desires to increasingly utilize faculty expertise within the college. The idea of a COUNTRY Financial Faculty Scholar fulfills this objective, with the specific goal of encouraging research focusing on issues within the areas of insurance and risk management, personal finance and investing, and financial literacy.
Award Amount: $6000 payable in Summer (the salary portion of the award will be reduced by the state’s portion of the employee’s benefits).
- White paper by
- Journal publication (Pending publication -- annual updates on progress towards journal publication need to be e-mailed to the research director, until the article is accepted for publication).
- Faculty members receiving the grant agree to make a research presentation in the COB Research Brown Bag Seminar Series, during the academic year 2017-2018 in coordination with the Research Director.
Note: It is also expected the funding recipient will play their citizenship role to strengthen COB’s relationship with Country Financial.
The cover page provided in this packet should be completed and placed at the beginning of the application.
The project description, not including the bibliography, should be approximately 1,000 words. The description should be written in non-technical language. It should clearly describe the research problem, methodology, and its contributions.
- Research Problem - This section should clearly define the research problem/question to be investigated. Additionally, the applicant should specify how this project fits in with the stated goals of this grant.
- Methodology - The methodology to be employed should be described in a detailed manner so that the reader can relate it to the research problem, objectives of the grant, as well as the deliverables. A clear indication of the source(s) of data as well as the likelihood of obtaining the data should also be included.
- Contribution - Describe the importance of this study and how this proposed research will make a contribution to industry and the field of study.
- Bibliography - Provide a current list of related works keyed to the project description.
COUNTRY Financial Faculty Scholar Research Grant Proposal Information and Application