Integrated Marketing Communication Internships
Completing as many internship/professional experiences as you can during your college career will provide you with more opportunities and choices of Integrated Marketing Communication career direction, and equip you with valuable skills and learning along the way.
Essentials to Securing an IMC Internship
- Schedule an appointment with academic adviser Ginny Smith to work one or two internships into your academic plan. Internships can be used for a general elective and for a major elective.
- Your resume needs to be current. Illinois State University's Career Center has templates and other resources to assist you in preparing your resume. Check out other resume resources under IMCJob Search.
- Post your resume on
- You should schedule an appointment with the Department of Marketing's Internship Coordinator Dr. Gary Hunter to receive updates as new internship opportunities are posted.
- Read the Department of Marketing's Administrative Packet. The packet is available on the Director of Internship's web page and fully explains the requirements for completing an internship for academic credit.
- Be sure to attend Career Fairs to visit with employers! Check the Career Center web page for the complete calendar.
- Talk to your IMC Faculty about our alumni connections and the internship and hiring process for ARC Worldwide (Leo Burnett) & Starcom Worldwide in Chicago.
Special Internship Note for Ad Agencies
Chicago agencies tend to hire their summer interns by Jan-Feb. The application process is online & should be completed as soon as possible in the Fall Semester. If it's Spring, don't give up. By all means, apply - but do try to get your summer internship applications for ad agencies submitted in the Fall.