Internship Information For Employers
What are the advantages to hiring MBA students as interns?
There are a number of advantages to hiring MBA students as interns:
- MBA students possess the advanced knowledge, skills, maturity and analytical abilities to work on a variety of duties, responsibilities and/or special projects with little supervision.
- Hiring an MBA student to work on special projects will be significantly less expensive to organizations than hiring "consultants" with comparable levels of knowledge and skills.
- MBA student interns functioning in the role of trained professionals often bring unique and fresh perspectives that organizations can use to improve many everyday business practices.
- Organizations can use the internship as a probationary period to evaluate whether they would like to offer the MBA intern a full-time position in the future. There is no better way to find out if a person is suitable for the job and the organization than employing the person for a "trial period" by way of an internship.
How do I, as an employer, participate in the program ?
Employers interested in hiring our MBA students as interns should contact the Illinois State University Career Center
to list their internship opportunity on Hire-A-Redbird
- In addition, they should contact the appropriate internship coordinator to provide information on the opportunity and discuss employer responsibilities during the internship.
- Applications of students who meet the qualifications specified by the employer will be sent to the company for review.
- The employer has the discretion to conduct interviews and select one or more students to work as an intern.
When to list Internships:
Internship opportunities are accepted at all times by Hire-A-Redbird and internship coordinators.
However for maximum consideration by MBA students:
- Summer opportunities should be listed by the beginning of February
- Fall opportunities by the end of June
- Spring opportunities by the end of September.