University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements.
A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master's program is preferred.
Reference Contact Information
Submit the names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application.
Upload your current resume that describes your professional experience.
Submit an essay that includes the following information:
- Your professional goals and how the MBA degree will help you achieve them
- An explanation of what you gained professionally and/or personally from the experiences detailed in your resume (1 -2 paragraphs)
GMAT or GRE scores are only required if your last 60 hour undergraduate GPA or graduate GPA (minimum of 9 hours) is less than 3.0.
The MBA program offers a Hyflex model. As an international student you will be asked how you plan to participate in the program:
- Fully on-campus, to maintain your immigration status, or
- Fully online, from your home country
Note: If you choose to take the program fully online, you will need to be available to attend courses synchronously during the evening hours in the Central Time zone. You will also need to agree to our international online and hybrid programs disclosure and disclaimer statements. Due to online courses, immigration documentation cannot be issued for students seeking F-1 or J-1 status.
English Proficiency Scores
The minimum score for the iBT TOEFL is 80. Alternatively, we accept an IELTS score of 6.5 or Duolingo of 105. Due to the nature of the courses, it's recommended to have a higher score to be successful.
Admission Dates and Deadlines
|Fall||August 6; international students should apply no later than one month before the semester begins|
|Christine Knuth||State Farm Hall of Business email@example.com||(309) 438-2960|