The Insurance Advisory Board of Executives comprises industry leaders who represent national and regional financial and insurance organizations committed to helping Illinois State University create the finest undergraduate insurance program in the nation. Members of the Advisory Board are involved in all aspects of the insurance program, including curriculum, student development, faculty research, continuing education, and industry services.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Associated Bank
- AXA XL
- Business Insurance
- COUNTRY Financial
- Gen Re
- Liberty Mutual
- Lockton Companies Inc.
- Munich Re
- Pekin Insurance
- Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc.
- RIMS-Chicago Chapter
- RT Specialty, LLC
- State Farm
- Surplus Line Association of Illinois
- Swiss Re
- Zurich North America
Objectives of the Advisory Board
- Provide an important link between the faculty and students of the Katie School and the industry
- Provide opportunities that enable faculty to enhance their teaching and research interests in insurance
- Serve as a sounding board for long-range planning
- Create for students opportunities that encourage and promote interest in insurance as a profession
- Bring industry leaders into close contact with faculty and students to share their expertise and knowledge
Each member of the Advisory Board serves on one or more of the following committees with faculty and staff of the Katie School.
The committee's responsibilities include assisting in the development of a strategic plan for the insurance program and assessment of the University's progress toward achieving the established goals; review the financial operations of the Katie Insurance School and assist in fund raising and development strategies; and make recommendations to the Advisory Board regarding policies and operating procedures.
The committee assists the insurance industry professor in identifying and recommending research topics deemed to be most relevant to the industry and selecting faculty projects for funding support.
Insurance Executive Forum Committee
The committee assists in the identification of an insurance topic or theme and a panel of industry leaders for the annual breakfast seminar held in Chicago.
Program and Board Issues Committee
The committee provides guidance on issues related to Board bylaws, Board membership, and other issues related to the risk management and insurance program.
Public Relations Committee
The committee provides advice and direction for the development of a marketing plan to assist in enhancing industry awareness and the prestige of the Katie School.